Recently I’ve been painting more for myself, alongside my kids, rather than just helping them keep the paint on the paper. It’s been a really fun thing to get involved in, I’ve even got myself a little art journal and watercolour tin that I take on trips to the park or creek or wherever we’re headed and will document some piece of our day while we have a snack break.
The meditative effects of painting are significant! So when Ros Gervay from Permission To Paint came across my radar, I knew I wanted to chat with her on the podcast. Ros is an incredible artist and also an art educator who encourages mums to build up the courage to get started painting.
She’s also a very sweet and kind human!
In this episode:
- An expanded view of creativity
- Why creativity is so good for wellbeing
- A client story of anxiety support through painting
- Ros’ thoughts on why we need to give ourselves permission to paint
- Creativity and slow living – a match made in heaven!
Find Ros online:
If you’re ready for a slower life, join us below: