It’s been a while since I posted a podcast episode! Im so excited that this is the one Im returning with. Sharyn Holmes is someone I’ve wanted to have on the show for a long time as I admire their work, courage and activism. Now they have their book out, the time is right!
Sharyn is an award-winning coach, writer, speaker, artist and not-for-profit worker. Their work dives deep into social justice, spirituality and personal sovereignty.
Sharyn is the author of the 2023 book, Becoming Gutsy and Formidable: One Life, Out Loud published by the kind press. Sharyn is also a multi-passionate artist and creative spirit who believes in living with full expression and joyfully creating with passion, play and purpose.
Over the past ten years, Sharyn’s creations have included Gutsy Girl Art and Jewellery, Gutsy Gatherings, Gutsy Leadership Circle, the programs Unpack Your PrivilegeⓇ, Be An Inclusive Coach and Witchuition®.
In this episode:
- The backstory of Sharyns book
- Of all the themes in the book – music, identity, racism, sexism, neurodivergence/PTSD, expressing rage – Sharyn shares which felt the most important/hard to write about.
- Sharyn has copped a lot of flak for being ‘angry’. We talk about that and how it relates to their identities and treatment by others. Sharyn shares advice for women who fawn out of the rage response.
- Looking forward to in your maga and crone years and embracing the slow burn of life.
- Sharyns experience of being late diagnosed neurodivergent
To Follow Sharyn Holmes
Get the book: